Hardmoors 30

1 week 4 days ago #4287 by Jan Forrester
Hardmoors 30 was created by Jan Forrester
Report from Craig Allen -Hardmoors 30 - 24th April 2021The pre-race buzz was back this week for myself and Peter Wilmot, we travelled up to the North Yorkshire coast to Whitby to take on the Hardmoors 30. A race that usually takes place on New Years Day, but due to Covid was postponed. In typical Hardmoors style the race is actually over 33 miles long. For those not familiar with Hardmoors, they are a fantastic series of races up in North Yorkshire expertly organised, marshalled with motivational signage and well stocked friendly check points. To comply with Covid restrictions the competitors were set off in 2 minute intervals.My race started at 8:14am and Peter at 8:16. The race route took runners from the historic Whitby Abbey south along the coast before going inland and skirting round Robin Hoods Bay, past Ravenscar before eventually reaching the outskirts of Cloughton. From here the route turns to towards the sea and hugs the coastline all the way back up to Whitby. Peter and I both had solid races and made short work of the rolling terrain and steep drops up and down the many steep gullies on the coastal path. We were helped by almost perfect race conditions with very little wind and not to the mention amazing scenery. Peter finished in 5:14 hours at 12th place and according to the results listed today, first V50. After a surprisingly strong last 5 miles, I finished in 5:10 hours and bagged 8th place. The winner was Ben Hamilton in a time of 4:09 hours and the first female was Abey Lawrence in a time of 5:18 hours. There were 222 runners. Apologies for the lack of photos!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.192 seconds

Share this article:

Go To Top