Autumn Relay Events

6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #1522 by JamesT
Autumn Relay Events was created by JamesT
Hi all,

There are a couple of high profile Autumn relay events on the horizon which the club have decided to enter teams into. The first of these is the Midland Counties Road Relays at Sutton Park near Birmingham on Saturday 19th September. This is for teams of 6 in the mens race, 4 in the ladies race and 3 in the junior age range races. Andy Whittaker has agreed to act as team manager for this one and the plan at this stage is for him to select a team to compete in the senior mens race and and a junior team depending on numbers. Please contact Andy if you wish to be considered for inclusion in the squads. This is a high quality event and it gives our seniors the chance to mix it with the top clubs in the region. Further details can be found here:

www.midlandathletics.org.uk/

Following this race on the 24th October the Britsh Masters Athletics Federation are staging their open XC relays at Long Eaton. This is a great opportunity for us to race against quality opposition and the teams race in 10 year age bands from 35+ and are open to both mens and ladies teams. I believe we have enough strength in-depth to enter teams in the all categories so please contact me if you wish to be included:

Further details can be found here:

www.bmaf.info/%5Clibrary%5Cfixtures%5C16th_XC_Relays_Form_1.pdf

I will add the names of those who contact me onto the lists below. We can enter more names than the number required to race, as final teams are declared on the day

British Masters XC Relay Teams @ Long Eaton 24/10/2015

M35+ 5 to race - Ian Phillips, Craig Allen, Dennis Belbin, Andy Lessiter, Chris Hallas, Peter Wilmot, Simon Croft

M55+ 4 to race - JT, John Hurley, Simon Brister, Mick Moorhouse, Andy Whittaker, Anthony Marchington

Ladies - 3 to race per team(35+,45+,55+)

Karen Morley, Tessa Whittaker, Nicky Dick

The rules of both events events mean they are only open to 1st claim club members with a valid UKA MAC registration.

Cheers,

JT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 10 months ago #1534 by Peter Wilmot
Hi Jim, I'm available for selection for both. Cheers, Peter

6 years 9 months ago #1538 by simonbrister
Hi Jim. Happy to go into a 65+ team if you can find enough guys old enough or an earlier age group if you have enough for a second team.

Simon

6 years 9 months ago #1540 by dennisbelbin
Hi Jim,

I have just been given my permission slip, so if you need runners for the 35+ category I am available, although it would be quicker to send Ian round twice!

Dennis

6 years 9 months ago #1541 by Phillips Family
Jim, ladies are looking into their lady diaries to organise. When do you need names for?

6 years 9 months ago #1542 by Andy Whittaker
Karen Morley is up for ( O/55 Shush !) and Tessa o/45; I think Jan and Christine are up for it. Come on Ladies put your names forward and lets show what the club can do .

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds

Share this article:

Go To Top