× Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Derwent River Relays

3 years 11 months ago #2766 by pyeface
Derwent River Relays was created by pyeface
Summers here and you're all focused on speed work ahead of the hairy helmet relays......

Well here's your next chance to have an awesome afternoon out with the MAC team, stretching your legs along the river Derwent in Belper in the popular Derwent River Relay event.

The event starts at Belper Rugby club at 2.30 on Saturday 8th July. Each leg is approximately 5k And pretty flat. There's plenty of parking, a bar, cake stall and a fun run at 1.30 before the relays for those with younger children. All in all a great afternoon of athletics fun.

If you want to be part of the action you just need to be a club member and let me have your name on here, on the forum or via This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Open to all ages, I'd love to get a few junior teams entered, minimum age is 13.

Let's see if we can top last years record number of teams and successes!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 11 months ago #2768 by Peter Wilmot
Replied by Peter Wilmot on topic Derwent River Relays
Hi Alison,

Please put me down for a leg!

Cheers,

Peter

3 years 11 months ago #2792 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Derwent River Relays
Sad News I'm afraid... Just heard from Belper Harriers.. see below..

2017 Derwent River Relays – lack of pre-entries forces us to withdraw the event

Posted on June 8, 2017 by alanbill99

Sad news folks but we as a committee hope you understand…

"2017 : It is with immense regret that we have had to cancel this year’s Derwent River Relays.

As a club we are aware that events like this help local runners, help local non running teams and generally get everyone together for another good reason to get the running gear on!

Sadly, pressing on with events at a potentially large loss is not an option for us and that’s what the current situation looks like. Limited pre-entries and a large imminent cash outlay mean that carrying on would incur too much financial risk for us to take on.

It goes to show how in this day and age where everything is online and very quick / easy to do that this works against us all ultimately. Perhaps many would enter in the final weeks leading up to the event, perhaps in the final days but this is too late for organisers.

I’ve seen many events having to be pulled by the organisers due to lack of pre-entries and this is another one sadly this year so do us all a favour for all these races and events – PRE ENTER EARLY TO HELP THE ORGANISERS COMMIT!

Sincerely,

The Belper Harriers Committee"

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds

Share this article:

Go To Top