Data protection information for individuals interacting with Matlock Athletic Club.
Who we are
In conformance with the General Data Protection Regulation, the appointed committee of Matlock Athletic Club acts as a Data Controller with respect to information collected about and provided by its members.
In order to run the club we need to collect and retain some of your personal information. This information will be provided by you on your application for membership for, which must be re-submitted each year on renewal of your membership.The types of information we hold about you include:
- Your contact details (name, address, email address and telephone number)
- Known medical conditions
How we use your data
We use your data in order to comply with our legal obligations and to communicate with you, provide you with the services we offer and protect your health and wellbeing when participating in activities.
We may use data tracking mechanisms (such as cookies) on our website in order to help us analyse how the site is used, provide the website features and content tailored to individual users.
You can choose for us not to use these features for your access of the website but this may restrict the level of service we can offer through the site.
We will only share your information with any other organisation where you have asked us to do so. Examples where your data may be shared include:
- Where you have requested to be affiliated to UK Athletics, we will affiliate you using relevant information provided on your application form
- Where you ask to compete in a race or other event organised by the club, we will provide relevant information requested by the race/ event organiser
Before sharing your data with other organisations we check that their data protection policies are sufficient.
We use your information based on the agreement you have explicitly provided. If you wish to withdraw your consent for us to use your data, you can contact us to request this. As a result of you withdrawing your consent we will not be able to provide our services to you.
We may use your information to comply with our legal obligations and to provide interactions that you would reasonably expect, such as correspondence by telephone and email.
How long we keep you data for
In most cases we will destroy our copies of your data within 3 months after your last interaction with us. We may need to keep your data for longer than this in order to comply with our legal obligations.
- If you wish to know what data we hold about you, you can contact us to request we provide these details.
- We can provide you with an electronic copy of the data we hold about you.
- If any of the information held by us is incorrect, please contact us to ask for it to be amended.
- You can ask us to delete the data we hold about you but this will prevent you from remaining a member of the club.
If you are not satisfied with the way we handle your data we urge you to contact us in the first instance. If you feel we have been unable to address your concerns, you can contact the Information Commissioner's Office