Beetroot Race 2020

3 weeks 6 days ago - 3 weeks 6 days ago #4251 by Jan Forrester
Report by Jim Thorneycroft -
The loss of this years raft race led to the hordes descending onto the Cromford Canal and High Peak Trail looking for their Boxing Day sporting fix to watch the areas finest athletes take on the annual MAC Beetroot Run. Or so it seemed, I don't think I've ever seen it so busy!!!! At least we treated them to a bit of a show.  A total of 18 club members took up the socially distanced challenge of finding the shortest route up and down from High Peak Junction to Black rock trig point, and the wonders of modern technology with GPS and online mapping appear to have reduced what used to be considered a route close to 4 miles down to approx. 3.2 miles. The winning time of 21:43 came from the fleet footed Luke Beresford, who loves this race so much he ran the course twice. He probably won the shortest route award too but it looks as though he's keeping that a closely guarded secret. In the ladies race Lizzie Webster maintained the family tradition of strong performances in the event in claimIng the ladies beetroot crown with a time of 28:51  In addition to Lizzie we saw strong performances from Oliver Lloyd and James Briggs as they begin their progression from the junior ranks through to mixing it with the seniors. And well done to all four MAC ladies for taking on the challenge.  Thanks to all who ran, hope you enjoyed it I think I've managed to mop up everyone's times, drop a message here if I've missed anyone
Results -
www.webscorer.com/race?raceid=230134&fbc...mLmtcurPiwmebvZjB-lE

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds

Share this article:

Go To Top