Derbyshire Cave Rescue Organisation (DCRO) FR

1 week 12 hours ago #3823 by Jan Forrester
Report from Stuart Bond on The Derbyshire Cave Rescue Organisation FR (DCRO) 8.5k/370m. Full results to follow -
It was exactly 99 days since I last raced on the fells! I have been extremely busy at work recently, so I have had to shelve my racing plans, but I have managed to keep a smart and consistent training schedule together during this time. So last Wednesday night I decided to take part in the inaugural DCRO dash over at Castleton. The conditions were wet under foot, with low clag and driving rain over half the course. 
The race starts just along from Speedwell Cavern and goes straight up. I started off in 6th place over the first climb, but managed to get myself into 2nd after the 1st mile. I then started to reel England International Harry Holmes in and we then had a race on! It was pretty much neck and neck for the remainder of the race. Harry finished just ahead in 1st in a time of 37:00 and I came in just behind in 37:06 with a Matlock 1&2. I am absolutely delighted with the result as I lack race fitness at the moment, and Harry is 15years my junior! This old man still has his performance box with life in these legs yet!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds

Share this article:

Go To Top