Cressbrook Crawl FR (10.5k/350m)

6 days 22 hours ago #3756 by Jan Forrester
Report from Bob Foreman and great to see you are back running, Bob!Another excellently organised Cressbrook Crawl Fell Race took place on Saturday morning. After parking in the designated car park near Cressbrook Mill the uphill walk to the start gets the blood flowing ready for what lies ahead. Whilst collecting my number from Cressbrook Club, as this was my first race of the year, I was able to wish a few people a belated Happy New Year! 
The forecast showers kept away as the 7 MAC's, out of the 150 entries,set off over the 6 .5 mile and 1,200 feet course which is mainly a varied mix of steep paths, tracks and lovely grassy fields followed by a mile of the Monsal Trail and then the final tarmac climb back up to Cressbrook Club and the finish. 
The first runner home was Kenny Malton of Shelton Striders in 45.12 and the first lady was Clare Gallager, visiting from North America, in an impressive 48.08 and 8th overall.
MAC results were
11th Matt Nichols 48.58
25th Mark Elwis 55.59 1st Local
34th Nick Gant 57.07
37th Bob Foreman 57.35
46th Jonathan Tyson 59.49
53rd Geoff Cooper 1.00.57
120th Les Thurston 1.18 12All finishers were given a free pint of Swift Nick, gravity fed from the barrel, kindly supplied by Peak Ales which certainly hit the spot. A lunch was also available for those who wanted it.
A big thanks to the organisers,marshals and those who prepared and served the lunch which was delicious.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds

Share this article:

Go To Top