Dark & White Limestone Way Ultra and Half Marathon

1 week 5 days ago #3476 by Jan Forrester
Chris Howard reports on the Limestone Way Ultra (69k/1,650m) and Half Marathon (27.5k) -
A few MACs had a lot of success at the Dark White Events Limestone Way trail race.
The half distance from Monyash to Hope is 17 miles. Shelley Fairy was 1st overall lady in 2 hours 32 minutes 39 secs followed close by Hayley Gill in 2nd place in 2 hours 34 minutes 26 secs and 1st vet 40. John Thorpe representing the men ran with Shelley and finished in the same time. Helen Emmerson 3 hours 16 minutes 29 secs and Abbie Waterfall 3 hours 16 minutes 33 secs. The winner was Mark Elwis in 2 hours 17 minutes 21 secs. There were 113 finishers.
In the Ultra, going from Ashbourne to Hope via Bonsall , Monyash and Peak Forest, I represented the MAC ladies .I started at the back with the last start off time at 7.30am then after a slow first 2 hours worked my way up the field to eventually take 2nd overall lady and 21st place in 8hrs 26 minutes 33 secs. The winner was Tim Perry in 6 hours 21 minutes 3 secs. There were 53 finishers.
This was a pretty prestigious and very hard event

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds

Share this article:

Go To Top