Gran Trail Orobie, Italy

4 months 1 week ago - 4 months 1 week ago #3366 by Jan Forrester
So Colin has laid down the gauntlet for the rest of us to get raising funds for Meadow View when we run the Limestone Way from Castleton to Matlock approx. 27 miles on 11th August. 
On Saturday Club Captain, Colin Davenport took part in the 'Gran Trail Orobie' in Italy. 44 miles and 14000 ft climb, mountain running through the Alps from Carona, Val Brembana (BG) to the UNESCO site of Citta Alta in Bergamo with a time limit of 24 hours. The race is Mountain Level 8 and 1,022 runners took part, 142 retired and 880 finished. 
Colin reports – “My lack of specific mountain running meant that I got put to the sword somewhat. Large sections of the course were on narrow, rocky single-track, with precipitous drops to the side which for a shaky descender made for slow and steady progress. The fact that it was 25 degrees at the start and got hotter would usually be added to my list of excuses, but given the summer we have had in England, I probably need to shelve that one for this year!”
The winner was Luca Carrara of Italy in 8 hours 40 mins 52 seconds. Colin did brilliantly to finish in 161st place in just over 13 hours.
www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/mac-anthony?utm_source=Facebook

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds

Share this article:

Go To Top