World Tri Mixed Relay, Nottingham and Leeds Tri Weekend

2 months 1 week ago #3314 by Jan Forrester
Report from Nicky Dick on her 'Four days of madness' -
Thursday - Nottingham on the River Trent. I spent the day at the ITU World Triathlon Mixed Relays which is the first qualification event for the Olympics. Took some kids down in the morning and then some more from Peak Performance tri club joined us in the afternoon as VIP guests. They came home with their T shirts covered in their heroes signatures.
I was racing the open sprint with two friends. I finished in 1.19.13. The Elite Relay Event was won by the American quartet, 2nd Gt Britain, 3rd France. There were 19 International Teams as well as 200 Age Group participants.Next day drove up to Leeds for the ITU race in the city due for Sunday afternoon. On the Saturday there were tristar youth and junior races in Roundhay Park where all the races actually started in the lake there. Races ran through the day with Go tri waves following then some open swims.
Freya Lester raced the tristar 2 with her first dive off the pontoons.
Michaela spent all day on the swim start marshalling people into their right waves and did the same again on Sunday with Antonia, starting at silly oclock both mornings.
British standard champs on Sunday, open standard races then the sprints. I raced the sprint, came out the water second and finished second in my age, that was ok by me. 
Got back to Rounday to present the medals to the British champs which is always lovely when friends are on the podium. Then the kids and I went back to the city into the VIP lounge and grandstand to watch awesome racing from the eliites.
Epic four days, could barely drive home.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds

Share this article:

Go To Top