Relay Races in June

6 years 5 months ago #645 by JamesT
Relay Races in June was created by JamesT
Hi all,

A common thread through Jan`s interviews with club members has been a desire to see more team events, and there are two local events in June we will be entering teams into.

The first of these is the Hairy Helmet relay around Darley Abbey Park on Friday evening 20th June. We entered 3 teams last year and bagged two age category wins and a second place. A cracking evening that included a free pint of real ale (apart from the juniors :) ). Teams of 4 are required to run a lap of approx 2.2 miles, and the teams are entered into age categories based on combined ages.

www.hairyhelmetrelay.co.uk/

The second relay is hosted by Belper Harriers on the following Saturday afternoon 28th June. This is again a race for teams of 4 but over a 5K course that starts & finishes in the grounds of Belper rugby club and follows a series of flat off-road paths along both sides of the river Derwent. As with the Hairy Helmet relay this is a very popular event with local clubs and is very competative. Here's the link:

belperharriers.wordpress.com/2014-derwent-river-relays/

As these are team events for club members the entry fees will be covered by the club. We cut it a bit fine last year with the H/H entry so I would like to get the teams entered before the Spring Bank holiday, so please let me know prior to that if you are available to run.

Cheers,

Jim Thorneycroft

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 5 months ago #646 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Re: Relay Races in June
Hi Jim,

Could you please add my name to the team/teams on both races, although could I swap my Free Pint of real ale for a couple of pints of Orange squash?

Cheers
Alan

6 years 4 months ago #651 by zak_alexander
You can add my name to the list, if there's any space left.

6 years 4 months ago #652 by karlwebster
Replied by karlwebster on topic Re: Relay Races in June
Jim,

Pending the clear-up of my current injury, an hopefully in advance of whatever my next one will be, you can pencil me in for these.

And I'll have Alan's beer please.

6 years 4 months ago #653 by zak_alexander
If i race karl you are more than welcome to mine as well. Im not a beer drinker so looks like you could be in for a good night!

6 years 4 months ago #654 by Jan Forrester
As per my email, Jim, I can't do the river relays and 20th June would be difficult, but if you are stuck for a runner, I will ensure I am free in true team spirit!

Time to create page: 0.257 seconds

Share this article:

Go To Top