Bakewell BDL 03/12/2017

4 weeks 1 day ago - 2 weeks 2 days ago #3069 by Colin D
For the uninitiated, the next BDL league race at Bakewell showground is hosted by ourselves. It has been superbly well organised over the last few years, and the course seems to go down well with the other runners. No changes this year (and hopefully no troublesome Winter Wonderland operations to work around...).

Help is required for setting up the course on Friday - Jim will be on site from approximately 9:30 am to coordinate the marking up of the top field. On the race day we typically need approximately 20 volunteers to cover on course marshalling, along with experienced finish funnel workers to make sure every runner gets a token and a time!

Oh, and on top of that we need to put out some runners as well..... It's not been a problem before though!

Please let me know if you are available and I will start adding your name to the list which will be updated in this message thread. You can drop me a message via facebook as well, or if you're feeling particularly sociable you can talk to me on a Monday night.

As of Thursday 30th November:

Friday set up - 9:30, Jim Thorneycroft coordinating
Bob Foreman
Michelle Lester
Mark Jackson
Scott / Beccy Thompson
Karl Webster
Dan Ashcroft

Sunday - meet up at 10am for debrief.

Start/finish: Colin Davenport, Dennis Belbin, Jan Forrester, Molly Gorman

Marshalling (apologies for not knowing all names...):
Laurie Croft
Alison Pye
J Berrisford
Karen Morley
Penny McCloy
Caitlin McCloy
Mrs Thorneycroft
Jo Grant
Shelley's dad!
Bill Dinley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 weeks 6 days ago #3070 by karlwebster
I'm around on the Friday and Saturday for any of the donkey work. I'd like to race on the Sunday.
Cheers.
Karl.

3 weeks 4 days ago #3079 by Matthews Dad
I 'll be around all day Friday and after Whitworth Cycling on Sat (11ish). Want to run on Sunday
Bob

2 weeks 6 days ago #3082 by Colin D
Come on now, don't be shy - a few more marshal's still required for Sunday please! Any family and friends who are coming to support would be more than welcome to do so in a yellow bib. I don't want to have to draw lot's from the runners on the day....

2 weeks 2 days ago #3089 by Colin D
Hi Bob,

On your trip to Arbor Low could you also keep an eye out for any yellow marshal bibs and the two pin boards that I took along to Ricky's Race please?

Colin

2 weeks 2 days ago #3090 by Colin D
Hi Karl,

Could you bring your stopwatches along on Sunday morning please in case we don't locate the club ones in time?

Thanks, Colin

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds

Share this article:

Go To Top