CLIVE'S RUN 25 JUNE

4 years 8 months ago #1386 by russell
CLIVE'S RUN 25 JUNE was created by russell
For newcomers, this is an away run starting at my home, Slate House, Parwich DE61QD parking in the yard is limited so please make every effort to share transport. Refreshments afterwards are courtesy of my wife, Margaret, and my neighbour, Rosemary. Clearly they need to know roughly how many will be present, so it would be helpful if those intending to come could give a preliminary indication either on the forum or by e mail. I shall be at the Arc tomorrow to discus this. Over the years, I have kept the same route so that people could memorise it and lead others. This year however there are three bulls on the various footpaths leading to the Tissington Trail, I have run through these herds myself with no problems but if a group run through, the livestock become more excitable and it may be frightening for those bringing up the rear, so I suggest we all start at 6.30 prompt, and follow me at OAP speed as far as Alsop station. I shall provide a route sheet from this point onwards The slower runners will therefore be 15 mins or so after the others at the end, but this will allow me to pick the exact route at the last minute according to exactly where the cattle are after a last minute recce.

Clive.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 8 months ago #1387 by gerry white
Replied by gerry white on topic CLIVE'S RUN 25 JUNE
Clive, I hope to be with you.
But as a fellow OAP approaching his free TV licence I might make up my own route,with or without bulls.
I usually park down in the village.
Gerry White

4 years 8 months ago #1388 by Jan Forrester
Replied by Jan Forrester on topic CLIVE'S RUN 25 JUNE
I shall be there. Jan

4 years 8 months ago #1390 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic CLIVE'S RUN 25 JUNE
Me too Clive. Ive only done this run once before and in typical MAC style took a scenic route which I am sure wasn't on your map :unsure:

However, the spread that was laid on for us upon our return was fit for a King (or Queen) :whistle: Many thanks to Margaret and Rosemary (and yourself) for looking after us so well.

See you there

Alan :)

4 years 8 months ago #1395 by Peter Wilmot
Replied by Peter Wilmot on topic CLIVE'S RUN 25 JUNE
I hope to be there Clive. I missed it last year but have only heard great things about the run and your hospitality!

Cheers,

Peter

4 years 7 months ago #1397 by JamesT
Replied by JamesT on topic CLIVE'S RUN 25 JUNE
Hi Clive,

All being well I will be coming along

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds

Share this article:

Go To Top